2013 was a hell of year for me. I laughed, I cried, and at some points I literally just wanted to give up on a lot of things. I felt overwhelmed almost everyday. With the New Year here, I plan on doing things differently. Every year I make a resolutions list. I pretty much completed the one I made last year. So here's my new one:
1. Write more. School requires me to do a lot of writing, but I really want to finish my book. Creative writing is my favorite. Maybe I might even get back into poetry!
2. Eat less processed food. I'm usually an organic/non-gmo only shopper, but after living on a tight budget we had to buy a lot of processed food. Now that we make decent money we can afford to buy the good stuff. I think it's really sad that we have to live this way, shouldn't all food be good for us?
3. Talk about topics that are meaningful to me. I love doing all the cute posts, but there are a lot of other things I would like to post about. I'm definitely going to have more "mommy" posts, and more personal posts on what it's like to me. I'm a pretty interesting person, I'd like to share more.
4. Crochet again! I haven't picked up my crochet hook in over a year! I miss it dearly. I want to at least make one new creation a month. Let's see if this happens!
5. Keep life simple. Things can get really hectic when you're a mom who works full-time and goes to college. I try to be super woman, but seriously keeping it simple is the best way to be happy.
Aside from those main goals, there are a few more that aren't as important, but I would like to accomplish them anyway. One is that I'm going to start shooting with film again. I got a pretty nifty camera over Christmas. It was one of those unexpected gifts from a family member, that I was more than grateful to receive! You will definitely see a post about it here soon! I also plan on taking some roadtrips this year. I love going places, but I plan on driving cross country again! Sounds crazy right?!
Do you have any New Years resolutions? I'd love to hear about them!