I'm so excited for todays post! We have a special guest, who is also one of my lovely sponsors. Marielle from Magical Day Dream is sharing an awesome DIY to spiffy up old albums or books.
I'll let her tell you about it:
Hi! I am Mariëlle from Magical Day Dream, and I would like to share a simple tutorial to cover up your old books, albums and notebooks with fabric.
- Materials needed: A notebook or album you want to cover, piece of fabric, scissors and glue.
- Cut out a piece of fabric that is a bit bigger than your book. Take into account that if the back is thick, you will need some extra fabric for the width.
- Hold the book in the middle of the fabric and cut until you touch upon the edges of the back of your book. Doing this with a bit of an angle (in stead of vertical) might make it easier to fold the fabric in a later stage. I corrected the angle a bit by cutting a piece off after. Then glue the middle part to the inside.
- Apply glue on the back of the book. Smear it to distribute the glue well; that way you don’t get visible glue stains in the fabric. Make sure the back is glued to the middle of the piece of fabric.
- Then do the same for the back and front cover.
- Cut the edges off the fabric so it’s easier to fold the fabric to the inside of the book.
- Glue the pieces of fabric that are still sticking out to the inside of the book. I did this the quick and easy way, but you could also do it more neatly, by example folding the fabric an extra time.
8. And tadaa! Your book is covered! I have done this loads of times. It is a really easy way to make your photo-album, inspiration booklet, notebook or agenda fancy looking in a fabric print you adore.
I hope you all are having a great week so far!